Tuesday, March 3, 2009

seems like I never post here, but the forum I post on I feel either:
a) they are too huge to post about personal stuff, ie nobody would care
b) they are too small and have heard whining from the same small group of people over and over and don't want to hear about it anymore!

So anyway, here is my story that nobody on a forum would like to hear.

Today, after I picked up K-Bean from Pre-k, we went for a walk to get the mail.

she said,"Mama how come you don't toot?"
me: "I do"
she: "I never hear you".
me "I try to do it in private, so nobody hears"

she burst into tears:"I wish I never tooted!"

So I asked her: "Did somebody make fun of you for tooting today?"
She says yes, but then tells me a different story:

"So and So said nah nah your mom is MEAN and my mom is nice"

She said she cried and told the teacher ans she was so mad at this girl because I (her Mommy) AM nice!

How she went from toots to that is interesting. However this particular little girl is the one K-Bean most compalins about the "you are too small" teasing she endures. But they still play at school together a bit(until the girl starts saying these things, and upsets K-Bean)

This girl has a birthday a day before K-Bean. April is just a month away so the birthday guest list has been a big topic here.

Last year we invited the whole class. Not this year:

a) she has no close friends in her class this year
b) last year at the party all the kids sat at 3 tables and K-Bean sat alone. Yes, at her birthday.
c) She has good friends outside school. Enough to 'fill' a party

So after last year, I decided only to invite friends, or at least children who are nice to her.

So she has 7 good friends out of school. She needs to invite 1 boy and his little sister from her school because we are friendly with the family. I carefully selected 2 other girls from her class. One saw her at the mall and gushed over her to her family and called her friend, and one is a shy girl and the teacher has suggested nudging K-Bean and her together as friends.
I watched both of these girls at the recent class party. Girl #1 seemed generally friendly and nice, and girl #2,well, shy. She tried to stand next to this one girl and the girl ran to her mother and said "I don't like her! she always wants to stand next to me!" Oooh that boiled my gravy! So girl #2 is invited.

K-Bean had expressed interest in another girl, but at the class party I saw K-Bean approach this girl and ask her "Can I play?" and the girl said "No you can't" So I crossed her off my mental mommy party list!

So getting back to the "your mommy is mean" girl I also too had thought of inviting her, but yeah comments like that get you knocked off the guest list too, girly!

No comments: